There are no shortcuts to the good life
How do we live this one life we have wisely?
How do we live up to our highest intentions?
How can we be excellent at living life?
Excellent at Life is an exploration of these questions
Grab the newsletter below
Hi, I’m Joseph Gerstel. I’ve tried the shortcuts. I’ve tried finding the easy way. It’s dead ends all the way down.
So I’ve committed myself to the long path. To doing the work and leaning into life with as much heart and wisdom as I can muster.
This newsletter is all about living a wise life. Life is a skill and we can be excellent at it. I make no claims to be excellent at life, but I aspire to be.
It’s my North Star.
Join me on the journey and get insights in your inbox on living wisely
See you onboard!
Many of you know I come from a rather traditional Jewish background. (If you didn’t, now you do.) The particular microculture I grew up in
Most Recent Newsletters
- EAL #29 — You've Got Some Thorns in You
- EAL #28 - The Trump Button
- EAL #27 — The Clench
- EAL #26 — The Game We All Play | Looking for Guest Voices on Our Kids' Podcast
- EAL #25 — Why Are You Not Me?
- EAL #24 - Speak, Friend, and Enter
- EAL #23 - The Grapes of Sorrow
- EAL #22 - The Most Humble of Men
- EAL #21 - A Tree Finds Its Roots – Letting Go of Resentment
- EAL #20 - What is Your Beauty Anyway? | Next Pitch Event is Next Week
- EAL #19 - The Rubber Meets the Road | And a Question for You
- EAL #18 - The Golden Buzzer Effect
- EAL #17 - The Mirror of Erised | Call for Startup Pitches
- EAL #16 - Meditation on a Supermarket
- EAL #15 - The Water Around Us
- EAL #14 - Then I'll Have Made It!
- EAL #13 - A Song of Songs | LegalTech Demo Event Next Week
- EAL #12 - Exile and Redemption - A Passover Note on Family
- EAL # 11 - The Distance Between Us
- EAL #10 - Broken and Beautiful